Saturday, July 12, 2008

...

I´m not very good at blogging, or keeping in touch. I apologize to all that thought I might be dead. I´m not.

I´ve been very busy and have been preparing for the end of the summer! Yay! I spent a week in La Paz Honduras helping out the project there. It was a nice change from Gracias, but made me appreciate it that much more. It was a lot like being away from KC. I don´t realize how much I love it til I leave. During my trip to La Paz I racked up about 16 hours of bus time, 2 more days in San Pedro Sula, a day in Tegucigalpa and 5 more hours of airport time. I got to see some friends I made during training, so it made it all worthwhile.

Other than that our vols leave in less than two weeks. This is the moment we have been preparing for all summer. Things are considerably less hectic when you aren´t taking care of 55 high school students. I´m aprovecharing all there is to do here in Gracias. Hot Springs, beautiful walks, cheap food. There is a festival here on the 20th called "Dia de Lempira." Hondurans celebrate holidays the way I celebrate my birthday- beginning 3 weeks in advance. There are rides already set up, booths selling food and games and a fiesta tonight that I can´t wait to go to. I danced with the dance troop again last night. I was really nervous because it´s been about 4 weeks since my last practice. I´ll get some pics and try to put them up.

Hope all is well up North. Todo cheque aqui.

-Raquelita

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to hear that you're still alive. I'll be you have a ton of stories about the summer. I hope we can get together. Love, Paula